Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Just a Drink or Two


                                                             Just a Drink or Two  

                     Friday couldn’t come sooner every week for many of the younger, working crowd and/or even college students. After a long work/school week comes good ‘ol Friday and Saturday nights. This means it’s time to get dolled up as beautiful woman, and all handsome as men then hit up all the downtown bars and clubs. Doing so is a great way to have a few drinks, get some liquid courage and dance all that stress away. As a young college student a mother myself, I could always use a little stress reliever. An ideal bar to start my night would be at R15 in Downtown, Sacramento. I think it has many positive factors that make it a fun, exciting place for my age group that enjoys the night life. As I critic places to see if I’ll be coming a second time a few things I look at are: the overall appearance of the place, the location and who or what kind of crowd will be there. If all those things pass my better judgment then I will definitely return the favor by showing my presence time and time again.

                 Spending a couple hours to make sure my make-up is perfect, my hair is curled just right, and my heels go well with my outfit before heading out for the night requires a large amount of energy. Lotion up my arms and legs then brush and floss my teeth so I’ll look great. The very last thing I do is spray a couple squirts of the floral, sweet smelling, Paris Hilton perfume I have so that I’ll smell amazing while I’m enjoying myself. Is all this work really worth it though? While yes, yes it is if you’re going to start at R15. When you arrive at the bar, you automatically notice the lovely night life setting. As you walk through the huge, medal and glass doors you see a pretty red lighting. Then you see the round bar with lots of people surrounding it while the bartender is busy at work making all the drinks. If you look to the left there are two, big rectangular, wooden tables with stools for groups to enjoy each other’s company. R15 bar has about three major rooms that are very big and could fit a lot of people in each one.

 This bar smells of strong perfumes, colognes and even all the alcohol being consumed. Another major thing I look for in a good place is the bathrooms. I look very closely at this particular thing because the bathrooms must be very sanitary and clean for me to use the facilities. R15 usually always has nice, clean smelling bathrooms. The counter and sinks look clean and dry. Plus the garbage’s always look about half full which is an indicator they get taken out a couple times a night. The total appearance of this bar is a nine out of ten so of course I would recommend it to others trying to have a good time.

                   Sex on the beach is a classic, well-made drink at R15. It is one of my favorite because the bartenders make it so amazingly tasty that you could barely taste the alcohol it contains. It’s about twelve bucks which isn’t too pricey considering all bars are expensive. Another drink I like specially at R15 is called a gladiator. It contains a glass of juice then a shot glass of alcohol you drop in the juice and chug it down. It is very good from R15 and only about eight bucks. A couple of each drink and you’ll be dancing all over the place to the hip music they play. This bar plays various genres of music including hip-hop, pop and rock. All of the new, popular music out to keep the night vibe going just right. So as you’re dancing to great tunes or chatting it up with some friends, the attractive bartenders are quick to make your drinks that taste perfect, to ensure you’re going to come back for a second time.

                This bar is located on the corner of Rst and 15th in downtown, Sacramento. Not too hard to remember hence the name “R15”. It is next to another bar called Ace of Spades that often puts on many concerts. Ace of Spades also pulls more business to R15 since its right next to it. But another reason why R15 is a great bar to start before bar hopping is because of its location in the center of downtown. From there you can easily take a taxi that is always conveniently outside waiting, to many other, smaller, surrounding bars. R15 is among one of the larger, more lively, bars in the downtown area. Even if you just wanted to stay at this bar all night, you certainly could do so and stay entertained the whole time. On Fridays and Saturdays there is always a full crowd of younger, most of the time good looking people that you could get to know and strike up a conversation with. It is filled with lots of beautiful women, dressed up in heels and men that don’t look or act creepy. There’s nothing more I cant stand than gross, older, perverted creeps that stare at you like you’re a piece of meat. Luckily this bar doesn’t have too many of those type. Maybe they have an invisible sign saying “No weirdoes’” or something but whatever it is; it works. If you get bored of talking to people, the bar has three pool tables to keep you busy while you destroy your liver and gulp down those drinks. Then right next to the pool tables are four personal rooms that have small couches and TVs in case you meet a special someone. If none of those things catch your attention and you like cancer sticks then this certainly will. Outside is a designated smoking are with long tables and tall lights with small heaters on them. It is perfect for staying warm while outside the bar on a cold night. Plus it is in front of the bar where the guards check I.D,’s at entrance, so don’t worry ladies you won’t get kidnapped while waiting for your friends to finish smoking.

                     Since I personally do not work right now, after a long week of school and homework my sister and I always, yes always start at the bar R15. We know exactly what drinks to get, how they will taste and what type of people will be there. I’ve never been there and not had a fun, exciting time. Even on a Sunday when it usually is half empty. I know what to expect and know I’ll be able to pee in the bathrooms since I won’t be all grossed out by the mess other females tend to make when drunk. Maybe this bar isn’t much fun the next time I go, least it has the luxury of taxis out front to take me home or to another close by bar. Next time you decide to go out for a night of fun and you have the movies or miniature golf in mind just remember, bars do not have annoying youngsters under the age of twenty-one in them. I’m not saying that drunks aren’t annoying but at least they are age appropriate. I certainly do not want to be around teens or immature goof balls after I just got done working my ass off in school all week long. So ladies and gents get all cute and ready and head out to R15, if not stay home and miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment