Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Alissa English 1A Rogers


Magic Mushrooms
I'm talking a lot to get my mind off the mushrooms I just ate. I don't know when it's going to hit me and I don't know how I'm going to react. This is my first time. As meaningless conversation continues, my tongue starts to feel fuzzy in my mouth and my words aren't coming out as smoothly. I look down at myself and I feel like a giant standing in my dorm room. My bed, that I usually have to run and jump on, feels like it's barely to my knees. I'm ginormous in this tiny room. I take a moment to adjust to this new feeling my body's experiencing. I feel strong and solid, like I could stomp right through the floor. I'm barefoot and my little toes are searching for soil to plant themselves in but there's only carpet. I turn to the mirror to look at my face and immediately start laughing hysterically and I can't stop. I'm the funniest thing I've ever seen but I feel absolutely beautiful and flawless at the same time. Waves of color keep washing over my eyes and the walls seem to be breathing the same rhythm as me. I am one with my surroundings. It's all so much to take in, stimulation overload, I love it. But my small dorm room isn't enough for me to explore so I decide venture downstairs and outside. 
I'm sitting on a bench outside looking at the tall trees of Sac State. They're beautiful. So strong and secure. I feel like they're touching the sky and endlessly moving up. I light a cigarette and watch it burn like a tiny volcano. In my fingers I hold a tiny volcano..I feel like I've been staring at this cigarette for hours. I look over to my boyfriend of the time and tell him about this erupting volcano in my fingers, he just laughs. His laugh sounds beautiful. I sound beautiful. My words are beautiful and I feel like they're effortlessly flowing off my lips. The soft breeze of the night is kissing my cheeks and playing with my hair. This moment is sublime. It's harder to notice all the colors in the dark but I can see patterns when I look out. They're happy little dancing patterns sending out good vibes my way. As it gets later in the night other students start to walk to their dorm buildings but I shy away from making eye contact with them because they scare me. I don't ever give myself the chance to fully take in their appearances. 
I have had enough exploring outside and it's time to go back in, it's late. I don't feel like I'm walking at all, it's more like a glide. It's as if there are tiny clouds under my feet. I go to the bathroom and I am horrified to see that the tile on the floor has little creepy black bugs crawling out of it. Those little pincher bugs. It sends shivers down my spine and I get goose bumps. I close my eyes to make them disappear and when I open my eyes back up they're gone. With a sigh of relief I go to wash my hands, but the funny face I once saw when I first started feeling the shrooms was gone. I'm now looking at my face melt off my skull, my hair is stringy and flying away. I have to look away and get out of this horrible bathroom. 
I make it back to my room and have this unending desire to listen to music. One particular song comes to mind..Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by The Beatles, go figure. As I watch the music video online I feel like my mind is going to explode, the colors are coming and going and objects are turning into other objects and the music is pouring into to my ears. I'm in heaven. I watch it over and over again. Where has the time gone? The mushrooms slowly start to fade, the colors aren't so bright but my room still has a subtle wave to it. It's time for bed so I strip all my clothes off. I feel like I'm swimming in my bed. I'm so warm and delicate in these blankets. I don't ever want to get up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment