Monday, February 18, 2013

There’s Always a Catch


Jesus Ayala
English 1A
February 11, 2013
Rogers
There’s Always a Catch
Throughout my whole life, my parents never let me stay the night at any of my friend’s house except once. During my junior year in high school I was invited to my friend’s birthday party. I was scared to even ask for permission to go just because my parents were so strict. I decided to give it a try and they gave me permission and to let me stay at my friend’s house, but that only happened because my dad knew my friends dad he called him and talked to him about me staying over.  But I had a feeling that my dad was not just going to let me go for free and I knew i had to do something in return but I did not know what.
Right before my dad dropped me off at my friend Rudy’s house, he gave me this whole lecture about  not smoking and drinking but he always encouraged me to have sex with women, pretty cool dad in that sense. But at the moment all the things my dad was telling me were coming in through one ear and going out the other ear. I was just thinking about how much fun it was going to be able to stay out all night with my friends and not having to worry about going home. My friend Rudy has always been a rebel and always did what he wanted and his parents were cool with it as long as he did not get in trouble with the cops.
As my dad is dropping me off there was a bunch of my buddies mingling around my friend Rudy’s house. My dad just drops me off and I walk towards my friends and they’re taking shots of tequila and immediately all my friends try to pump me up to take a shot but I say so. They insisted for me to take a shot for over 20 minutes and I said “What the heck, I’ll take one and then they’ll shut up and leave me alone.” It was probably the worst tequila ever because I never saw my friends with that kind of tequila bottle again, it was probably really cheap. So we take our shot and that thing hits me at the moment because I never drink alcohol but I suck it up and we walk to the birthday party.
We get to the party and most of our friends are there, people are playing all kinds of beer games, were trying to get a bon fire going even though the party is right in the middle of town. But even that the town only has about 2,500 people and the surrounding are a bunch of orchards. It seemed that no one could get the fire started and I jump in to get it started. Slowly but surely it was going but there’s always that funny person at the party were he threw a Gatorade bottle full of gasoline into the fire and KABOM!  Pieces of plastic and wood are going everywhere but the people go wild and then everything got a little too crazy. The music was at full blast, I was not even able to hear the person next to me unless I was screaming, people were yelling and screaming, and sure enough the cops show up.
At the moment I had no clue what was going on but people were running and chaos broke out. In the rush of things I lost my friend and just tagged along with other friends, Danny and Eduardo.  But I did not know why we were running and it came to me, the guy who was having the party, Mosca (fly in Spanish), his parent had left to México and there were no adults and just a bunch of kids going wild. Not only was there beer, but drugs too, typical high school party. So we all booked it out of the house but one problem, the house we were at was in a cul-de-sac so we were fucked. In my head I said to myself,” if I get caught here and my dad finds out what happened and the reasons we were running he’s never going to let me out of the house again.” In the back yard there was15 foot fence; I looked at it and I said “Fuck it.”
That was the only way out and I jumped and aside from the climb of the fence there was a ditch on the other side and it was about a 20 foot drop down to the ground but I had no choice. As I came down I squatted down with the motion of my body but when Danny and Eduardo came down they just straight up fell on their ass and were covered in mud. Right after we jumped we started to run we were in the back part of an apartment complex and were trying to figure a way out of there. This was going on around 11 P.M. and as we made our way out of the apartments it was a straight shot to Danny’s house down the street so we booked it.  it was like if we were running for our lives but we just wanted to get home at that point and sure enough with our luck a cop was coming up behind us. Lucky I hid in the back of a pick-up, Danny jumped in a tree but Eduardo fell on the middle of the street and BAM he was caught. I was dying because I saw him fall straight up on his face and he did not even get a chance of getting up because the cops were right there.
Luckily nothing major happened to him even though he was as high as anyone could be the cop just dropped him off at home but made sure his parents knew what had happened. That was embarrassing for him and my friends and I made fun of him so much. After Eduardo was picked up I went to Danny’s house for a while but then left to Rudy’s house because that is where I was supposed to be staying at and as I got closer to his house the party had been moved too his house. He lived on the side of town and he had no neighbors and we can make as much noise as we want and do whatever we wanted with no one complaining about anything. I can say we partied hard all the way until 5 in the morning.
Sure enough my dad shows up at six in the morning, he used go into to work at 7, but today he decided to pick me up at 6 and take me to work. I could not say no because then my dad would have been pissed if I did not go with him and he would not let me gout again.. At that point I think my dad knew what had gone down last night because I was exhausted and usually I’m always ready to go at that time of the morning. So he takes me to a field of corn and it needs to be irrigated, theirs a ditch but there is no water drain and he makes me dig a drain for the entire field, by myself. I sucked it up and started to work but man that might have been the hardest work day ever. Time seemed like if it did not go on and minutes seemed liked days. I so was tired I think I fell asleep many times just standing out in the fields.
As the quitting time got closer and closer I could not be any happier , around 5 in the afternoon my dad shows up to pick me up and boom, I was out. My dad had to carry me inside my house because I was knocked out I was so tired. The next morning my dad asked what did I do the night before and I just hang out and all he said if you want to keep going out you have to be more responsible in what you do and be ready for anything the next day.
Even though it might have been a really fun time with my friends that I had in a long time during high school and my dad made me struggle the next day. I will totally do it again because I can look back and laugh at those moments and all the dumb things I’ve done in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment