Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Experimental Kid



Sebastian Buntin
English 1A
2/5/13
Essay#1

Experimental Kid
            Being an only child can be very interesting. Have you ever thought of your past and wondered why you made half the decisions you made? Thoughts and ideas that go through a kids mind aren’t always planned far ahead. Sometimes I just did what I thought. I was one that you would call an ‘Experimental Kid’.
            In the great city Sacramento of where the state capital of California resides is where I lived. I was living in a studio apartment with my mother Lavonda and my Aunt Melissa. I was seven years old in the second grade. I was inside majority of the time so, it made me expand my imagination in the little brain I had at the time. Daily I would wonder about trying things that I didn’t know would result in. playing video games was fun, but it wasn’t enough to feed the hunger for experimenting.
            Experiment number one was my stepping stone for greatness in becoming creative. I got home after school and my aunt was home. I started up my Nintendo and started playing command and conquer. Then my aunt told me “I’m going to shower I’ll be out in a minute.” This was my time, my window to try something awesome. I went to the fridge and I took the Kool-Aid and put it a bottle which was apparently alcohol. When I was done I tasted it, it had the taste of my red punch. It was a juicy Kool-Aid and then a strong after taste that was gross. I put everything back in the fridge and raced to my game. My aunt got out right after I turned the game on and she asked why she heard me running. I replied saying “I wasn’t running” and she just went back in to change. I played my game a while longer and then my mom came in the house. She gave me a kiss on the head and went to the fridge. I heard her say “What the hell?” I just kept playing my game dominating the enemy forces. My aunt came out and asked what my mom was talking about. In response she asked if my aunt mixed her drink. I felt awesome and I was waiting to know how it turned out. They both tried it, and apparently liked it. Minutes later they realized neither of them mixed the drink and I was smiling at my screen uncontrollably, they asked if I drank any and I denied every time of anything they asked me. They let it go, but I knew I succeeded. In the back of my mind, I wanted to experiment further. I already had something scheming in my growing imagination.
            The second experiment manifested as an idea, now I just needed to put it into action. This time it seemed like my aunt was onto me. I had already came home from school and sat down on my game. As usual my mom was at work, my aunt was home waiting for her night shift. It was a Thursday, and I was waiting all day for my plan. My aunt took me down the hall to their friend’s studio apartment to watch me for a while so she could go grocery shopping. I already knew this, which was part of my steps in my plan. So Jerry and I played a basketball game that he had and we played quite often. I asked him if he had any paint or spray paint I could borrow so I could do a project later and I would bring it back. Luckily he did because he made a lot of model cars and other things for a hobby. An hour or so passes until my aunt is back and takes me back home. She asked if I had fun and what we did, I told her except I left out the part about the paint. She put all the groceries away and I helped. And as routine she took a shower, this was my one good chance to experiment. My aunt had a cat named princess; it was all grey like smoke. I took out the spray paint and it was black capped, which meant it was black paint. I sprayed the cats’ tail all black; the color black had a gloss jet black look to it. Luckily, princess didn’t move much nor did she mind kids messing with her. When I was finished with my art, she had a black tail and all black feet. My aunt got out of the shower and was already dressed. My mom came in the door seconds after and said hi to us. Then she asked me about my day, in response I simply said “it was awesome” and she replied “that’s good, have fun over at Jerrys?” I gave a thought to the question and wondered how nobody was noticing the cat? For me this was hilarious and I smiled with a big grin and said, “It was fun”. What she didn’t know is that I was referring to the cat, basically having a double meaning. Of course she wouldn’t even notice, especially since she hadn’t noticed the cat. It was a successful experiment that would catch up to me once they noticed. For now, I started thinking of something that could be even better of an experiment.
            The next experiment was creeping into my mind. It was going to be the last for a long time and I did not even know it. Another day, I left school and got on the bus. The bus took me and dropped me 2 blocks down from my home. I walked home and walked in and jumped on my game. My aunt Melissa was in the kitchen, I had no idea what she was doing. But, she heard me and asked how my day at school was. I replied with the normal reply “it was awesome” because I didn’t know what else school was suppose to be. She said she was going to go down the hall to talk to Jerry about something and that she would be back in a little while. I was ready for this moment, even though I had no idea what I was expecting to make of my idea. I went to the bathroom as fast as I could and I was overwhelmed with excitement. I grabbed the body wash and the cats can spray that was for flea. Or so I thought and told myself, along with telling myself “maybe it will make sure we can’t get fleas”. Later on I learned that what I get are lice, not flees. But, I guess it’s the thought that counts. So I mixed the cat flea can with the body wash. Once I was done I got back on my game. Then, about thirty minutes later my aunt was back and she asked if I wanted anything to eat before she got ready for work. I said “no, I just want snacks please” and I smiled. And so she grabbed me gummy snacks and a Capri sun juice. Then she got her things and went in the bathroom. I heard the shower start like a waterfall and echoing like it was in a cave. I just kept snacking on my soft juicy gummy snacks. They even smelled like fruits when I hate them and could smell them. It semi-distracted me from what was going on including my game. Suddenly, all I hear is “what the fuck?!” coming from the bathroom. At that point, I was so scared I froze and had no idea what to do. At the same time my mom walked in the house and then the bathroom swung open and my aunt was infuriated. My mom asked “What’s up with you?” and my aunt replied “I fucking itch everywhere!” and her skin was red and looked like a rash crawled onto all of her body and was red as if someone was blushing as hard as possible. Then, they looked at me and all I could say is “I’m sorry, am I in trouble?” and my aunt ran towards me and was yelling and screaming at me. My mom told her she need to be taken to the hospital and make sure she will be okay. She asked me what I did and I told her and instantly she said “Go to Jerry’s and I’ll get you when I come back.” Hours passed and finally they were back and took me home and sat me down and told me my punishments. One of my punishments were to do homework after school and no more video games until I was told it was okay to play them. I didn’t argue back or say anything because I knew I deserved the punishment although I didn’t know it would result in a serious problem. I did my homework before bed. My aunt couldn’t go to work which made her even madder at me. My mom was disappointed in me and didn’t think I did what I did on purpose to hurt anyone. Finally the day has ended.
            I never stopped thinking about what I wanted to do. I always kept thinking about bigger more complex ideas. I will never forget that experiment and how my aunt Melissa was so mad it scared me. I also learned to make sure I think about what I’m doing when it comes to others being involved. That night before I fell asleep after the last experiment, I thought to myself “for now my experiments will be done. One day I will continue with better ones.” Forever I will be the Experimental Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment