Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Captivated by Love Star

Efrén Pérez Plata
Engl. 1ª | Essay 2
10/16/12
Captivated by Love Star
What makes a good, unique and special musical band? Perhaps, its name of the band, their outfits, their music style, the messages of their songs, or the members of the band. For me, all of the above are important qualities that I look forward every time I hear a new song from a new singer or band. That is why I like and I enjoy listening to “Love Star,” a music band that captivated my attention a few years ago.
            I receive a friend request on Facebook from “Love Star,” so I read and looked through Love Star’s information. Right away I noticed that the name “Love Star” is not a person’s name. In fact, it’s the name of a music group that was form in the summer of 2009. This is a good, original and unique name for a band for many reasons. There are bands names like “Kiss,” “Fun,” “One Direction,” “The Black Eyed Peas,” and “LMFAO.” Other or bands like “Katy Perry,” “Nicki Minaj,” “Pitbull” which use their own names and nicknames as their celebrity name to be recognized by millions of people. For me, these kinds of names do not have anything in common with the messages and themes of their songs, unlike, the name “Love Star.” This a perfect example of a good and original name because the words “Love” and “Star” can be interpreted in many different ways. For example, the word “Love” can be used by the members of the band to express the love and passion that they have in common when they write lyrics, create songs, and invent new sounds at the studio. At the same time, they might love to sing their songs in front of unknown people and fans in each venue where they perform. On the other hand, I interpret the word “Star” as a way to describe the fact that they are now in the music businesses and that the members are now celebrity stars, recognized by people around the United States and Mexico as “Love Star” and not by their birth name.
            After I looked Love Star’s information, I visit their YouTube channel, to check out their videos and to see what their style was like. After seeing their music video “Felicidad” (Happiness) I was amazed by their look. One of the boys was wearing black jeans, and a bright red sweater. The other guy was wearing a white coat, a black shirt and a white tie. Both of the guys had clean and stylish haircuts. Meanwhile, the girl’s hair was long on one side and short on the other, which made her look different from the other singers. Her makeup was simple, nothing over the top like Lady Gaga. Her outfit was elegant and unique nothing like I never seen. She was wearing black tights, a black shining black blouse, and a black short jacket that was puffy on the shoulders. Lastly, a black belt with little shinny stones and a pair of silver high heels that match perfectly with her belt were part of her outfit on the video. Not only that, but their face expressions and the smiles on their faces made them unique and special, because they looked nice and friendly.
However, the main reason why I visited their channel was because I wanted to hear their music. As soon as the music video started I was captivated by the rhythm of the song. By the end of the video the song was stuck in my head. For days I couldn’t stop singing the lyrics. The sound of Love Star’s music is original, simple, and worthy of listening. It has fresh beats and sounds that transmit different emotions and feelings.  Whenever I hear one of their song on the internet or radio, I immediately start singing the sound and move to rhythm of the beat. It does not matter if I’m sad, happy, angry or anxious; I always like to listen to Love Star music because in every single song there is a mixture of feelings that are transmitted through the lyrics, the beats and the sounds. That is why I enjoy listening to Love Star, because they have all these qualities on their songs that other bands do not have.
The most important reason I like Love Star is because the members of the band keep in touch with their fans. Adriana, who sings and plays the piano, Will, who plays the guitar, and lastly Joe, who plays the bass, always try to have communication with their fans. Every member of the band “talks” to his/her fans, through their personal and official band websites. They, as a band, constantly upload pictures to their Instagram account, and share their toughs and emotions through their Twitter, and Facebook pages. No only so fans can keep not only in touch with Love Star, but also to inform them of the lasts news about their upcoming shows, presentation, etc. Thus, what makes them special is the importance that they give to their fans. Unlike, other bands and singers, who just like to pretend that they care just to gain popularity around the media.
Apart from my opinion as a fan, I’m the creator of their fan club. You might now think that I everything I said is because I’m the president of “Love Star Fans” (as people call me.) However, I do not feel like the president of a fan site or club. I am a simple guy who loves “Love Star” music just like anybody else could. The only thing that makes me different from other fans is that I have a fan site that I use to inform others and help Love Star to become a more known band between people. Not only because I like their style, but because I love their music and I believe in them as they also believe in my work and my help that I’m giving them. I just feel special, that Love Star knows who I am and that I love and enjoy their music. I recommend you to take a few minutes of your life to listen to their songs, see their music videos, and pictures so you can know what exactly Love Star is, and if you agree with my opinion that Love Star is a good, unique and original band.

No comments:

Post a Comment