Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Zocalo


Maribel Castro

October 9, 2012

English 1A

Professor Rogers

 

The Zocalo

 

The "Zocalo" restaurant is a place I highly recommend not only to dine in, but to have a pleasant experience as well. The Zocalo restaurant is one of my favorite places to eat, I dine in there at least once a month. It is a place where I can enjoy quality time with my family and friends. The restaurant offers a wide variety of mexican food which I love and consider good quality food. They have a very friendly service; every time I go I enjoy the good atmosphere that surrounds the restaurant. This restaurant brings me memories of my home land and reminds me of what a wonderful and happy place I grew up in. There is a special thing that I love about the zocalo restaurant, which is the amazing mariachi band that plays while we eat. This is the main part that reminds me of home.

            From the moment I walk in the door until the time I leave the restaurant, the service is magnificent.  The servers have a great attitude when taking orders, and always make our visit a pleasant one. I also love the mexican specialties; I usually start off with their homemade corn tortillas and some chips with a choice of spicy salsa or guacamole. After these appetizers, I order a delicious "azada" plate that includes beef, served with rice, beans, salad and some guacamole sauce on the side. I am pretty sure I have tried if not all, then a good amount of plates they offer. So far each one I have tasted is delicious. Since everything is delightful, at times it is hard to choose what to eat. Once in a while, I just go with a special mix of that includes three meals on one plate. This way I get a taste of everything. To complete my meal, I order a Pina colada or a margarita to finish off my meal with a nice cold drink.

            The Zocalo is located in Sacramento CA, and isn't only considered a traditional family restaurant, but also as an elegant place where dates and fancy gatherings can take place in. I can confidently say that anytime time I go, I always encounter a new and pleasant experience. Regardless of who I go with, it is always something different, yet always fun. When I go with my friends, I usually have fun by having some drinks and spending a good amount of time conversing and sharing, as well as singing along to the Mariachi. However, if i go with my family, it’s mostly to have bonding time, which I can always accomplish there. It feels more like home when I'm dining with my family because we can all relate to our homeland. In any occasion, and regardless of the people that accompany me to dine, I always have a great time. This is why I absolutely recommend this place; I think it will be the perfect place to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, or any other special occasion. It can also be the perfect romantic place to have a dinner date in. It will definitely make a memorable date night.

            The first impression of the zocalo is the amazing design of the restaurant. As you walk into the zocalo building you immediately get a sense of the fantastic ambience of the crystal walls and the floor boards, to the decorations that immediately make you feel at home. The zocalo has a slightly upscale atmosphere with a really great view of both inside and outside. The first time i went there I was astonished of how elegant this place. From the outside it looks like an elegant castle with elegant tables outside that give you a great outside view. Even though, the outside has a lovely view, it is nothing compared to the inside. It has a very fashionable looking feel to everything, followed with delicate decorations like candles and wall frames.  The restaurant has a great smell that makes you feel hungry. The zocalo is often busy and full, that one should call and make a reservation in order to have a spot. I have heard from many friends that have gone on busy weekends and had to wait 45 minutes for a spot to clear up. An upside to the waiting is that the restaurant also has a bar area where customers can have a drink while waiting to dine. Another option is to sit in the nice and comfortable waiting area, where you can also enjoy the mariachi music playing. The zocalo offers music on the weekends, which can make people enjoy a part of our Mexican tradition while still being here in the United States. The mariachi is regional and traditional group that are dressed up as a cultural charro and can best represent the essence of Mexico.

     Every visit to the Zoclao I have, I always enjoy to the fullest, from the taste of the food to the friendly service. The zocalo restaurant has become one of my favorite and highly recommended restaurants.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment