Yolanda
Huerta
Professor
Rogers
English 1A
10/16/12
A Good Restaurant
My
definition of a good restaurant is one where I can enjoy a tasteful meal, a
good appearance, and a courteous service. Out of the many restaurants out
there, there are few that I would consider good. Restaurant Las Islitas is my definition of a
good restaurant. It is not too far away
from home nor to close, it is clean, and it offers a fast but friendly
service.
First, a bad restaurant is where you
walk in and there is no one there to greet you.
Therefore, a good restaurant is where you get a friendly, courteous
service with a smile. A simple “Hi,
welcome” is already a good way for a waiter to provide a good service. On my visit to Las Islitas one of its waiters
greeted me with a “Hi, how are you today?” Then, he directed me to a nice and
clean table. He asked if the table was
okay with me. I said yes, I thought this
was nice, it showed he cared for my accommodation.
Also, in my search I expected to find a restaurant and a
meal that would remind me of my hometown in Mexico. Restaurant Las Islitas did just that. As soon as I was ready to order the friendly
waiter was immediately ready to take my order; just like at my favorite
restaurant back home. A few minutes
later he appeared with my food. I was
glad to see him with my food because I was really hungry. I
think Las Islitas is a good restaurant because when I chose this restaurant I
wanted to get what I expected out of whichever meal I chose. My Camarones a la Diabla were as juicy as I
had imagined and as tasteful as I had expected.
My meal tasted exactly like my favorite dish back home, a dish full of
juicy, spicy shrimp with a side of rice and cucumbers. Las Islitas restaurant amazed
me; it had a dish I had been craving for years. Having tasty, fresh made
shrimp, my favorite drink, Agua De Orchata and also live Mariachi! This
gave me a great feeling.
After searching endlessly for a
restaurant, finding one that would give me a feeling of home was awesome. I felt the atmosphere full of energy and
happiness; it was almost as if I knew everyone in that restaurant. Everyone there smiled after taking the first
bite of their delicious food, everyone together laughed at the mariachis jokes
and enjoyed that Mexican culture music. All this combined to create a fun and
friendly atmosphere.
In addition, its good appearance
caught my attention this restaurant did not have a dirty floor or dusty window
sills as I have seen before at other restaurants. A good restaurant will not present its best
dish on dirty dishware. It will not have a crappy appearance such as dirty
carpets and tables. If the cook’s dirty
clothes capture your attention you will most likely not enjoy your visit, instead
you will question how clean your food really is. As I had hoped Las Islitas had shiny, clean
windows, the nicest dishware, and the most attentive well-dressed waiter.
It is not a good restaurant if the waiter walks
away and pretends not to see the customer calling him for assistance. A good waiter should always be aware of his
customers’ needs or possible needs.
Moreover, I define restaurant Las
Islitas a good restaurant because it has the perfect location. It is about thirty minutes away from my home.
It’s just a perfect distance for when I want to eat out. It is also right next to a theater; I can go
enjoy a movie before or after I eat without even driving anywhere. Las Islitas is also located in front of a
mall, perfect for shopping and burning calories after I eat. Also, a restaurant next to a theater and in
front of a mall is definitely a positive. Since I find it to be very irritating when I
can’t find a parking space, finding a restaurant that shares a huge parking lot
with a theater and a mall is always a positive.
All in all, as I got ready to leave the attentive
waiter said to me “We hope to see you soon” and led my way out of the
restaurant. In my head I thought “of
course I’ll be back”. In my search of a good Mexican restaurant that
could provide a great meal was thankful I found Las Islitas. When I chose Las Islitas restaurant I wanted
the meal, appearance and service to be worth what I would be paying. My experience at Las Islitas was absolutely
worth up to every penny I paid. A good restaurant should, of course,
leave you with a desire to go back soon.
Not like a bad restaurant that leaves you with a regret of ever being
there.
No comments:
Post a Comment